- 1/4 cup ghee or butter if not on Whole30
- 6-8 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 salmon filets about 6 ounces each, patted very dry
- Fresh cracked black pepper if desired
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley minced
- Fresh lemons thinly sliced, for garnish
InstructionsMake the lemon garlic sauce:
- In a small saucepan, melt ghee or butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice, and a few generous pinches of salt. Simmer this mixture until reduced by 1/3 to 1/2. The sauce will turn from a really thin liquid to a thicker, more bubbly boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
Make the salmon:
- Remove the salmon from the fridge 10-20 minutes before cooking. Sprinkle both sides liberally with salt and season with fresh cracked black pepper, if desired. Heat avocado oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Carefully place salmon filets skin side up and cook until lightly browned on bottom, about 2-3 minutes or until crispy. Use a spatula to carefully flip, taking care not to flake off any flesh. Cook 3-4 minutes on second side, or until skin is crisp and flesh begins to feel firm to the touch. Remove at this point for a salmon cooked around medium. Continue to cook until flesh easily flakes with a fork for a well-done salmon.
- Remove pan from heat and pour lemon garlic sauce over. Sprinkle with parsley and arrange lemon slices over, if desired. Serve with skin or easily remove with a spoon, and serve with more lemon garlic sauce and lemon slices from the pan.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Lemon Garlic Salmon