- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or half white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest and stir well.
- Add eggs, oil, and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold the zucchini into the batter and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in the pan for 10 minutes before removing the loaf onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the bread is cooling, make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bread. Slice and serve.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Lemon Zucchini Bread