- 2 tbsp butter
- 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
- 2 cups water, or chicken broth
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, stirring often, until they’re softened & browned- about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the skillet, stirring to coat the mushrooms, and let it simmer for about a minute.
- Whisk in the wine & cream until the mixture’s smooth. Bring to a simmer, and continue cooking- stirring occasionally, until the mixture’s nicely thickened. Stir in the water, parsley, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Lightly spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Add the rice to the dish, and spread it out evenly. Top with the chicken. Pour the mushroom gravy gently out over the top of the rice & chicken.
- Cover the dish with foil, and seal it up tightly. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly out over top and bake an extra 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Marsala Chicken & Rice Casserole