- 5 medium Russet Potatoes of equal size
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup half and half warmed
- 5 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 6 Tyson Chicken Strips
- .87 oz. packet Brown Gravy Mix
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Rinse the potatoes thoroughly and pat them dry. Leave the skins on.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of COLD and salted water, enough water to submerge them by 1 inch. Use 1 heaping teaspoon for each quart of water.
- Bring the potatoes to a gentle boil and maintain this boil until they are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes. Hold them with a pot holder and peel off the skins. Return them to the pot.
- Add the completely softened butter and mash them to desired consistency.
- Warm the half and half in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir it into the mashed potatoes.
- Season with additional salt/pepper if desired.
- Preparing the Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take out your chicken strips and let them sit at room temp for about 5 minutes if you prefer to slice them first.
- Spread the potatoes on the bottom of a casserole dish. (Mine was 13.25 x 9 but variations are fine.)
- Note: If your mashed potatoes are cold, warm them first.
- Top with corn and cheese.
- Carefully slice the chicken strips into pieces of desired size and top the casserole dish with them.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the chicken is crisp.
- Prepare the gravy on the stove top according to package instructions while the casserole finishes baking.
- Drizzle your desired amount of gravy over the casserole dish and serve!
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Mashed Potato Casserole with Crispy Chicken