- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened slightly but still firm, diced into 5 pieces each*
- 1 3/4 cups (210g) powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (249g) all-purpose flour**
- 1 cup (110g) pecans, chopped into small bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar and salt until well combined.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Blend in flour. It will seem dry and sandy at first but keep mixing and it will come together.
- Mix in pecans.
- Scoop dough out 1 even tablespoon at a time and shape into balls. Transfer to baking sheet (keep remaining dough balls chilled until ready to bake unless you have a double oven).
- Bake in preheated oven until nearly set, about 13 – 14 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet until cool enough to handle, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Pour remaining 1 1/4 cups (150g) powdered sugar into a small mixing bowl, roll warm cookies one at a time through sugar to coat with a light layer (this layer will seem to melt and get sticky).
- Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely then roll in powdered sugar once more to cover. Store in an airtight container.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Mexican Wedding Cookies