- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Mint Buttercream
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 and 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- a few drops green food coloring
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- To make the brownies, preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan or line with parchment paper. Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and mint extracts. Beat in the cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder. Spread in the prepared pan and bake for 22-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. Let cool completely.
- To make the mint buttercream layer, beat the butter in a stand mixer for 1-2 minutes, beat in the powdered sugar. Add enough of the milk or cream to be a spreadable consistency and the mint extract to your tastes. Spread on top of cooled brownies and refrigerate.
- For the chocolate ganache, finely chop the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl. In a heavy saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Do not let it boil. Pour the whipping cream over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the mint layer and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
Mint Brownies with Chocolate Ganache