- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups pecans coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl using a hand mixer, blend the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and blend until combined.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, 12 cookies per sheet, and bake 9- 10 minutes. Once you have baked it about 9-10 minutes, pull out pan and add 6-8 miniature marshmallows to each cookie, you can gently press in if they fall out, but really you shouldn’t need to do that much. The cookies are so hot the marshmallows stick right to them. Then stick back in the oven for 1 more minute. Remove and immediately sprinkle 1 tablespoon or more (depends on your taste) of pecans onto the marshmallows, you will need to gently press these in, gently! Then set aside and allow to cool on a baking rack.
- Once cool remove and make frosting.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add powder sugar and vanilla, set aside. Then in a small saucepan combine first 3 ingredients and heat over medium. Stir constantly, about 3-4 minutes or until butter melts. Remove from heat, and pour into powdered sugar and vanilla, stir (using a whisk is best) until smooth.
- Using a spoon, drizzle large amounts of frosting on each cookie, about 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons. Dress all the cookies and if there is extra frosting, add more too each one. Let frosting cool and harden before serving. Unless you need to sample one, then dig in just be sure not to burn the roof of your mouth.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here
Mississippi Mud Cookies