- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups M&M candies, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Sift together the salt, baking powder, and flour. Slowly beat into the butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup of the M&M candies by hand.
- Spread the batter in the prepared dish. Sprinkle the top with the extra 1/2 cup candies.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Let the cookie bars cool completely before cutting into squares. Makes 24 bars. Store in a sealed container.
Notes*Do not over bake these brownies. They will seem under done and under baked when you pull them out. Let them sit on the counter for at least 2-3 hours before cutting into them**If you are making them for a bake sale, bake them the full 25 minutes.This article and recipe adapted from this site