- ½ cup salted butter
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) semisweet chocolate (chips or chopped)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 TBS flour*
- If baking immediately: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease four silicone baking cups and place them on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In the microwave or on the stovetop over low heat, melt butter and chocolate and stir until smooth. Set Aside.
- Place eggs into the bowl of your standing mixer and beat for 1 minute or until pale yellow.
- Add sugar and sea salt to the beaten eggs and beat until sugar dissolves (about 1 minute)
- Add chocolate mixture and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Beat in flour until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into 4 silicone baking cups.**
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the batter puffs and the center is just barely set (it will not seem done but it is).
- Remove from oven and let the cakes sit on the baking tray in the silicone cups for 2-5 minutes.
- Turn the cakes out onto the plates you plan to serve them on.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, fresh berries, etc.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes