- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Karo Syrup (light)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- extra butter for greasing cookie sheet
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter and set it aside.
- Combine butter, baking soda and vanilla in a bowl and set aside
- Combine sugar, Karo and water in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until mixture spins a thread when drizzled from your spoon. Sounds crazy but you’ll know what I am talking about when it happens.
- Add peanuts and stir while cooking until mixture turns light brown (approx same color as a paper bag)
- Add the bowl of butter, baking soda and vanilla that you prepared and set aside earlier.
- Mix until butter is melted and mixture is foam-y from the baking soda, Pour out onto your prepared cookie sheet and use to forks to spread it out as thinly as you can (approx ¼”)
- Let cool completely and use a butter knife to break it into pieces. (see picture below)
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Mom’s Best Peanut Brittle Recipe