- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (chopped bite size)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 stalks scallions (chopped bite size on the bias)
- In a bowl, mix chicken pieces with cornstarch until all the pieces are evenly coated.
- In a pan over high heat, add oil and when the oil is hot, add chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through (about 4 minutes).
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, chicken stock and brown sugar and cook for 3-4 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Turn the heat off, add sesame oil and scallions. Stir well and serve with white rice.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
MONGOLIAN CHICKEN RECIPE