- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese I used a blend of Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven safe pan over medium high heat. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until done. Cook time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over each chicken breast.
- Place the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the bacon, tomatoes and green onions over the chicken and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site