- 6 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on or off)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
FOR THE CREAM SAUCE:
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 7 ounces (200 g) diced bacon
- 14 ounces (400 g) sliced brown mushrooms (Cremini)
- 1 cup heavy cream OR half and half*
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt only if needed to your taste
- Extra chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Fresh shaved or grated parmesan to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F.
- Arrange chicken on a plate. Combine together the olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a jug. Rub the oil mixture over the chicken to completely coat.
- Heat a large oven proof pan or skillet over medium high heat. Sear the chicken, skin-side down first, until skin is crisp and golden brown. Rotate and sear the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Transfer to oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Once chicken is done, remove from skillet; set aside. Pour out HALF of the chicken juices left in the pan.
- Using the same skillet the chicken was in, fry the garlic in the reserved chicken juices over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the bacon and fry until just beginning to crisp. Add in the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Pour in the cream OR half and half, chicken broth and Parmesan; allow to simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. (SEE NOTES if using half and half INSTEAD of cream option.)
- Season with pepper. Taste first before adding in any extra salt, as the bacon will add the salt.
- Add the chicken back into the pan; allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes in the cream to take on the flavours.
- Garnish with parsley and shaved or grated parmesan, if desired. Serve over rice, pasta, or steamed/grilled vegetables.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
mushroom chicken & bacon