- 1 1/2 lb ladyfingers
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large mangos, cubed, juices reserved
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 oz gelatin powder, or agar agar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp rum, or triple sec, optional
- whipped cream
- fresh mint sprigs
- fresh berries
- Peel and dice mangos, reserving leftover juices in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, cream and sugar together into a thick cheesecake pudding. Fold in mango chunks.
- Dip each ladyfinger quickly into the reserved juice, and place around the edge of the springform pan. Then line the bottom of the pan the same way.
- Pour mango mixture into springform pan, using a spatula to spread evenly until flat. Rap pan gently on work surface to flatten. Chill while making the finish.
- Sprinkle gelatin on top of leftover juice, and wait one minute. Mix in boiling water and rum/triple sec, stirring slowly for one minute. Set aside 15 minutes to cool.
- Once gelatin mixture is at room temperature to lukewarm, slowly pour over the back of a spoon to cover the cheesecake mixture completely.
- Chill for one hour. Garnish with optional whipped cream, berries and mint. Serve and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site
NO BAKE MANGO CHEESECAKE