- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3 teaspoons kosher salt (not table salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast (active dry or highly active dry work best)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast. Stir in water using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a shaggy but cohesive dough. Do not over-work the dough. The less you “work” it, the more soft, fluffy air pockets will form.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours*. Dough will bubble up and rise.
- After dough is ready, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place your Dutch oven (or other large baking dish), uncovered, into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While your Dutch oven preheats, turn dough onto a well-floured surface. With floured hands, form the dough into a ball. Divide into 6 equal-sized pieces and gently form into round balls. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap and let rest.
- After the 30 minutes are up, carefully remove Dutch oven. With floured hands, place dough balls into it. (You can put a piece of parchment under the dough if your Dutch oven isn’t enamel coated.)
- Replace cover and bake for 30 minutes covered. Carefully remove cover and bake for 7-15 minutes* more, uncovered.
- Carefully remove loaves to a cutting board. Use for crostini, sandwich buns, or garlic bread!
This article and recipe adapted from this site
NO-KNEAD CRUSTY ARTISAN MINI LOAVES