- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 1/2 cup QUAKER OLD FASHIONED OATS
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped seasonal fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork.
- Stir in the peanut butter, butter, honey, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add the beaten egg and stir until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and/or chopped seasonal fruit.
- Form large, flat cookies by hand and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are done.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
OATMEAL BREAKFAST BITES