- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder (and cinnamon if desired). Stir just until combined. Then mix in the oats.
- Use a medium cookie scoop and scoop onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the edges are just light golden brown (the centers should look a little underdone). Take them out a little early for softer cookies and bake a little longer for crispier cookies.
- Let cookies rest on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPE