- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/4 Cup Dark Molasses
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar, For Rolling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or non stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat together the brown sugar, butter, molasses, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Shape the dough by rounded tablespoon fulls into 1 1/2 inch balls. Dip the cookies into the granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes just until set. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool immediately.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Old Fashioned Soft Molasses Cookies