- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour + a few extra tablespoons, see ** in directions below–I used 2 extra tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or sea salt
- 3 cups chocolate chips ( any variation of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a few trays with baking paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a metal bowl, place the butter inside the bowl and place in the preheating oven.
- Leave it just for a few minutes, until the butter starts to melt around the outside (approx 1/2 of the butter melted). Take out of oven to cool.
- Once the butter has cooled, add both sugars and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, beating between each addition just until mixed.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt or sea salt and beat on a low speed, just until combined. If you find that the dough is wet, you probably need a little more flour.
- **If needed, add more flour, a tablespoon at a time, until the dough starts coming together to start forming a ball and not sticking to the sides of the bowl as much.
- I added 2 extra tablespoons of flour to the 2 1/2 cups flour – if you use over 3 tablespoons, it’s too much.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- Use an ice cream or cookie scoop (1/4 cup for large, 1.5 tablespoons for medium) and drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, allowing room for spreading. Pat down cookies just a little and press additional chocolate chips on top of cookie dough if desired.
- Bake one tray of cookies at a time, for 10-12 minutes for large, 8-9 for small. Don’t over-bake and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Makes 1 dozen large or 2 dozen small cookies.
- Store cookies in air-tight container.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
OMG Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies! Pure Nirvana!