- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into small, bite-sized pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked basmati OR long-grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen steamable broccoli (about 2 cups chopped broccoli)
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- In a 12-inch skillet pan (make sure it has a lid) heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the chunked, bite-sized chicken, and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is mostly non-pink in the middle.
- Add rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with lid, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- While rice and chicken is simmering, cook the microwaveable broccoli in the microwave following the instructions on package. Once done, chop up the broccoli into smaller pieces, if wanted.
- When rice is done cooking, add broccoli and 1 cup of the cheese into the skillet pan. Stir together. Top with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese and cover with the lid. Let cook for about 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use long-grain white rice instead of the basmati. I just love basmati rice because it cooks up perfectly and is always no-fail.
- If you don’t want to use the 12 oz bag of microwaveable broccoli, simply cook fresh broccoli in a pot, and then chop it and add it to the skillet pan. Using the microwaveable broccoli makes it so easy and quick.
- I like to drain some of the water/chicken juices that are in the pan after cooking the chicken. You don’t have to, but I like to.
- If your chicken breasts are big then only use 2.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
One Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice