- 3 lb boneless pork shoulder or butt
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 teaspoons red food coloring, optional
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, dry sherry, oyster sauce, five spice, garlic and red food coloring (optional) and mix until combined.
- Cut pork horizontally into three long flat pieces. Place in a container or ziplock bag, pour 1/2 the marinade over pork. Marinade 24-48 hours for optimal flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top. Remove pork from the marinade and place on the rack. Bake for 25 minutes. Flip the pork and cook another 25 minutes.
- While the pork is cooking, pour the reserved marinade into a saucepan and whisk in cornstarch, and bring to a low simmer for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Remove pork from the oven and turn the oven to broil. Brush the pork with the thickened marinade and broil 5-6 minutes or until slightly charred. Turn the pork over and repeat. Pork temp should be 145-160 degrees.
- Serve any extra sauce on the side.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
OVEN BAKED CHINESE BBQ PORK