- 4-5 lbs chicken pieces bone-in
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- Place the chicken pieces in a plastic bag and pour the buttermilk in to coat. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal. Massage the chicken and buttermilk with your hands to coat evenly and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 425°In a medium sized bowl using a whisk together the flour, Panko, baking powder and spices. Set aside.
- Place a 13 x 9” non-glass baking dish in the oven to get hot for at least 15 minutes. While pan is heating up remove the chicken from the buttermilk, shaking off excess, and dredge in the seasoned flour mixture coating on all sides.
- Add the melted butter to the heated baking dish and arrange the chicken pieces on top with plenty of room between each one.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Turn and bake another 12 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165°F.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes and then serve.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
Oven Fried Chicken Recipe