- 1 pound chicken breasts or thighs (really tasty) cut into irregular 1 inch cubes
- 1-2 cups self- rising flour or cornstarch if making gluten free
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups Oil for deep frying or as many cups as you need for your fryer
Ingredients for orange chicken glaze/sauce:
- 1 large orange juiced 1 large orange is around 3/4 cups
- 1/4 tsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar found near the soy sauce in most grocery stores- use a brand like Nakano
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or 1/2 tsp. Sriracha sauce Use to taste. Add more if you like it spicy
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- Heat the oil in a frying vessel or fryer to 375 degrees. This temperature is optimal for a deep fry. Make sure there is enough oil to cover the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until they are mixed thoroughly. In another medium sized bowl put 1 cup of the flour or cornstarch (you can add more later if you need it). Dip the chicken first in the eggs then coat the pieces with the flour. Repeat this step until you have the desired amount to fry.
- Next, take around 1/4 of the coated chicken and add the chicken to the hot oil in the fryer or frying pan. Depending on your frying vessel the chicken will need to be fried in batches. The chicken pieces should not be touching in the fryer. You will know they are ready to take out when the coating is medium brown and the inside of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees. Around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce: Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small pot (making sure that the cornstarch is dissolved before cooking. Heat on medium heat until the sauce thickens. This will take around 7 minutes.
- Last step: Place fried chicken in a large sized bowl and pour the sauce on top. Toss lightly until all chicken is coated. Serve immediately.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
PANDA EXPRESS ORANGE CHICKEN · COPYCAT RECIPE