- 1 box 13×9 pan family-size brownie mix plus ingredients listed on the package (see note)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions.
- Pour brownie batter into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch glass or metal baking pan and place in the oven to bake for half the cooking time listed on the package.
- While the brownies bake combine the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix together thoroughly. Stir in pecans.
- After brownies have pre-baked, remove them from the oven and pour the pecan pie filling over the top. Spread into an even layer.
- Place the brownies back in the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the filling only jiggles slightly in the middle when you move the pan.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before cutting into 20 squares.
NotesIf you can’t find family-size brownie mix boxes, you can substitute 2 regular (8×8 size) brownie mix boxes plus their listed ingredients.This article and recipe adapted from this site