- 1 cup (2 sticks, 226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar plus additional for pressing
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (256 g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter, granulated, and powdered sugars together until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until completely incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Stir in pecans and make sure they are fully incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop that holds 3 tablespoons, scoop dough place on the prepared baking sheet at least 2″ apart.
- Press a kitchen glass onto a damp paper towel and then dip it into granulated sugar. Press the glass down onto the dough ball until cookies about 1/2 inch thick. Repeat with all cookies.
- Bake 9–11 minutes or until tops of cookies change to a dry look and edges are a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE