- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (396g)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (175g)
- 1 cup premium white chocolate chips (175g)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract optional
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes divided. About 5 regular-sized candy canes, crushed (75g)
- Line an 8×8 square pan with aluminum foil and lightly butter the sides and bottom of the foil. Set aside.
- Divide condensed milk equally into two separate small/medium saucepans (just over 1/2 cup in each pan).
- Add dark chocolate chips to one pan and white chocolate chips to the other.
- Melt chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Once chocolate has melted, remove dark chocolate mixture from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Immediately spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Once white chocolate has melted, remove from heat and stir in mint extract, if using. Stir in 1/4 cup (50g) crushed peppermint pieces and immediately spread evenly over chocolate layer.
- Immediately sprinkle with remaining crushed peppermint pieces.
- Allow fudge to harden completely before slicing and serving (about 4-6 hours at room temperature, or about 1-2 hours in refrigerator).
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Peppermint Bark Fudge