- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened and room temperature
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/3 c brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c dark or regular chocolate chips
- 4-5 candy canes chopped
- Using a hand or standing mixer, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until nice and creamy. Add in vanilla and egg and beat until incorporated. You don’t want to over do this part or cookies will be stiff. Just enough until the egg is mixed in (about 20 seconds.)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sea salt and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and candy canes–by all means, use your hands for this part as long as they are washed!
- If chilling dough, seal tightly and chill up to 3 days before baking. (Allow to sit out 10-15 minutes before you bake them)
- If baking, preheat oven to 350°F. Roll dough into 12 balls and line on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies look slightly golden. The key here is NOT to over bake these! They may not look done but they are!
- Allow to cool for several minutes before transferring to your mouth–er, a cooling rack.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies