- 2 lb’s of chicken breast or tenderloins diced into 1/4 inch pieces, if Frozen No need to Dice
- 1 Stick of Butter, or 1/2 a cup
- 2 Teaspoons of Garam Masala
- 2 Teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper, optional – omit if you don’t want heat added to the dish
- 2 Teaspoons of Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger OR 2 Teaspoons of minced fresh ginger
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk, In can, sold at any grocery store
- 1 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 6 oz Can of Tomato Paste
- 1 Onion Minced
- 5 Garlic Cloves Minced
Cilantro for Garnishing
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbs CornStarch
- 1 Tbs Water
- Turn Pressure Cooker On Saute Mode or press Chicken/Meat.
- Place stick of butter into the pot and let it full melt until it becomes foamy and smells amazing.
- Toss in onions and garlic and cook until halfway done, then add the coconut milk, chicken stock and tomato paste. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the Curry Powder, Ground Cumin, Ginger, Cayenne Pepper, Garam Masala, and salt to taste.
- Place frozen or thawed chicken in the pot and cover with sauce. Cook on Manual for 15 minutes or cook meal using Chicken/Meat button.
- Once finished let sit in pot for 10 minutes with a NPR. If lid has not unlocked release the excess steam and remove the lid.
- If your chicken was already diced skip this next step.
- Turn pot back on to Saute or Keep Warm Method. With a sturdy spoon and fork gently cut/shred the chicken into desired size pieces.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together and then add to the pot, mix well. Let pot boil until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over a bed of basmati rice or jasmine rice. Garnish with fresh cut cilantro.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
Pressure Cooker Indian Butter Chicken