- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree , not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 cup milk , buttermilk or regular
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips*
- 1 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar , sifted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder , sifted
- 6-8 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips , for decorating
InstructionsMake the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 365F degrees.
- Line 2 muffin pans with large muffin papers (you’ll end up with about 18 cupcakes total).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & cloves
- In a separate large bowl beat together the oil and sugars using an electric mixer. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Turn off the mixer and stir in the pureed pumpkin.
- With the electric mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture alternating with the milk.
- Turn off the mixer and stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Make the Chocolate Frosting
- In a large bowl using a stand mixer, beat the butter until very fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and beat in 2 cups of the powdered sugar, followed by the cocoa powder.
- Beat in the rest of the powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time alternating with 1-2 tablespoon of whipping cream until the desired consistency and sweetness level is reached.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with a piping bag (I used a 1M tip) or a knife. Decorate with more chocolate chips.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes