- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, I use non-fat
- 1/2 cup milk, I use 2% but whole or skim would be fine too
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (from a rotisserie or leftover)
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped peanuts
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds.
- Stir in curry powder, diced tomatoes, Greek yogurt and milk (see notes about how to prevent curdling). Season with salt, pepper and cayenne, if using.
- Bring to a low simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in chicken until warmed through, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh chopped parsley or cilantro and chopped peanuts.
NOTESSome readers have had an issue with curdling. Milk and yogurt can curdle if it heats too quickly, or if it comes to a boil. You may want to lower your heat or briefly remove the pan from the stove when you add these ingredients to help prevent curdling.This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here