- 1 (4-oz) bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1-oz) bottle red liquid food coloring
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extractINSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Gently stir in flour and next 4 ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 44 to 48 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 2 hours).
- For frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar and salt, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Lift brownies from pan, using foil sides as handles; gently remove foil. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting on top of brownies, and cut into 16 squares. Garnish, if desired.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
RED VELVET BROWNIES