- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113g) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. red gel food coloring
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup red sanding sugar
- 1 bag Hershey’s Kisses (unwrapped)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter, peanut butter, and sugar in a stand mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed. Turn mixer to low and add in egg, milk, vanilla, and red food coloring. Mix for about 30 seconds to incorporate, then turn mixer to medium-high and blend until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl sift cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt. With mixer on slow add flour mixture to sugar mixture and beat until just combined.
- Remove mixer bowl from stand. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Set on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Pour red sanding sugar onto small plate or bowl.
- Roll dough ball in red sanding sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. (If want them extra chewy, chill for 10 minutes in the freezer before baking.)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While baking unwrap Hershey’s Kisses. Once cookies are done baking, remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate Kiss into the center of each cookie. The cookie should crack around edges.
- Allow cookies to cool to room temperature.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Red Velvet Peanut Butter Blossoms