- 10 Tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Egg Large
- 1/4 salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Powder
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chunks
- 18 Oreos Whole
- 8 Oreos Chopped for Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Melt the 10 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan with 1/2 cups of sugar, 3/4 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk in the two large eggs, one at a time.
- Then, stir in vanilla powder or vanilla extract until combined.
- Fold in the 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour until fully combined.
- Then, gently fold in the chocolate chunks. Make sure that they don’t all melt.
- Pour half of the batter into the 8 x 8 parchment paper lined pan. Spread the batter out evenly.
- Place the 18 whole Oreos evenly over the batter.
- Pour the remainder of the remaining batter.
- Top with the 8 chopped Oreos.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center to see if comes out clean with a few crumbs to oozy wetness. If the brownies are not done, put in the oven for 2-minute increments until the toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the Oreo Brownies to cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting the brownies.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Rich Fudge Oreo Brownies Dessert