- 2 lb powdered sugar , 907g
- 1/2 cup meringue powder , 75g
- 1 cup water , minus 1 tablespoon
- Please read the details in the post before you start to make this icing, there’s details on how to dry it, troubleshooting guides and more about cookie decorating,
- Add in the meringue powder and water into the mixing bowl of your stand mixer and beat together for a few minutes until frothy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix together slowly until all the liquid and powdered sugar is combined.
- If you have a stand mixer set it at a medium high speed and beat it together for 4 minutes with the paddle attachment, don’t forget to set a timer!
- Your icing should have semi-stiff peaks (see photos in post) when the icing is ready, not floppy peaks!
- If the icing is not quite stiff enough then watch closely and beat for one more minute and check it again.
- Icing (not thinned with water) made with meringue powder can be kept on the counter top in an airtight container for a week or so, it may require a little remixing after a day or two as the water can separate on the bottom of the bowl.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Royal Icing for Cookies