- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 4 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, or to taste
- To make the salsa verde chicken casserole: Add olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes into a Ziplok bag. Seal the bag and shake until mixed. Add the chicken breasts, seal, and massage so the chicken is covered in the marinade. Alternatively you can simply season chicken in a shallow plate, making sure to coat well. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF (200°C).
- Arrange chicken breasts drained from the marinade in a baking dish. Spread the softened cream cheese over the chicken and season with salt, pepper, and more spices. Pour the salsa verde on top of chicken and cream cheese. Finally, sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the top to cover the chicken casserole.
- Bake the chicken casserole for 20-30 minutes. Chicken is done when cooked through to an internal temperature of 165˚F (75°C). Serve the salsa verde chicken casserole warm with a side of cauliflower rice, or baked veggies. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN CASSEROLE WITH CREAM CHEESE AND MOZZARELLA