- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: Avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with half the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° until bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Some like it hot! Add sliced jalapenos to kick the flavor up a notch.
- When substituting canned tomatoes for fresh, drain them first so you don’t end up with soup.
- Flour tortillas also work well.
- Leftovers make a hearty breakfast. Serve with a fried or poached egg.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole