- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk I used 2% but whole or non fat would be fine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white or apple cider
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with non stick spray.
- Wrap grated zucchini in a paper towel and squeeze until some of the liquid releases. You don’t need to completely dry it out. Just a tablespoon of liquid or so.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar. The milk will curdle a bit. (you just made homemade buttermilk!) Mix in melted butter and egg.
- Add milk mixture to dry mixture being careful not to over mix. (over mixing will make for a low rising bread).
- Add grated zucchini, cheese and onions. Mixing lightly until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- If toothpick inserted comes out clean, bread is done! Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove carefully and cool on wire rack.
- To use buttermilk; Simply omit the milk and vinegar combination and replace with one cup of buttermilk.
- This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a very small commission should you chose to purchase that linked item. I only link to items I know and trust. Thank you for your support! Clink!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Savory Zucchini Cheddar Quick Bread