- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together the egg, sugar, milk, sour cream, butter and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in an separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and whisk together until no large clumps remain. Let the batter sit for 15 minutes. You can even refrigerate it overnight and cook the next morning.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium/low heat. Spray with oil or melt a dab of butter in the pan. Add the batter and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh fruit or just a simple drizzle of sticky maple syrup!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
SIMPLE FLUFFY SOUR CREAM PANCAKES