- 1 rotisserie chicken white and dark meat shredded and skin removed
- 6 small carrots peeled and diced
- 3 ribs celery diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can cream of onion soup you can also use cream of chicken or cream of celery
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt the two tablespoons of butter and add the carrots, celery, onion, parsley and all the seasonings, salt through pepper. Cook until the vegetables are starting to soften, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add the cream of onion soup, chicken stock and shredded rotisserie chicken. Stir well. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- To make the dumplings, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together the milk and melted butter. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir together with a spatula until a smooth ball of dough forms.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon capacity cookie scoop, drop the dumpling batter balls into the simmering stew one at a time until all the dough has been used. The dough should make 15 dumplings.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook (without uncovering) on a low simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Simply Delicious Chicken and Dumplings