- 2 lbs. (900g) boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 medium chicken breasts
- 1 jar roasted bell pepper sauce (usually found in the pasta sauce aisle of your grocery store)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch of Cayenne Pepper, optional
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 2 heaping tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Fresh chopped parsley or basil, for garnish
- Generously season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper on both sides. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until a nice golden brown and juices run clear. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to low, then add your roasted bell pepper sauce to the same skillet with the oil and Cayenne pepper. Slowly increase the heat to medium-low and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in diced butter and grated parmesan cheese, until melted. Carefully return cooked chicken breasts to the skillet and allow to simmer in the sauce for 3 minutes more.
- Serve chicken over steamed cauliflower rice, bulgur, pasta or rice and garnish with chopped parsley or basil, and more parmesan cheese. Enjoy5
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
SKILLET CHICKEN IN ROASTED PEPPER BUTTER PARMESAN SAUCE