- 2 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- chopped fresh parsley
- Combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle over chicken breasts. Place chicken breasts in the insert of the slow cooker.
- Top chicken with onion slices and diced tomatoes. Pour balsamic vinegar and chicken broth over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.
- I serve the chicken breasts sliced and topped with lots of extra sauce. It’s all about the sauce. You could also shred the chicken if you prefer and stir it back into the sauce.
- I serve this with quinoa or steamed brown rice, but it would work with couscous or polenta too. Or just add some crusty bread to scoop and eat with.
- The recipe serves 6-8, but if you’ve got a smaller group for dinner, you can save the leftovers for lunch or freeze them for another time. Make sure to include plenty of sauce so your leftovers don’t dry out when you reheat them.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
SLOW COOKER BALSAMIC CHICKEN