- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried leaf oregano
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small white onion diced
Add at the end:
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese divided
- Add the chicken broth to the slow cooker, add the cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the chicken breasts and flip them around in the seasoned chicken broth to get the seasonings on the chicken.
- Sprinkle the onions over the chicken and broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is done, add the heavy cream and shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and a ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese. I added a touch more paprika and also parsley flakes to the top of my pasta to make it look pretty. Cover and cook for 20 more minutes. Cooking for a bit longer helps the sauce thicken from the gluten in the pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site
Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Fettuccine