- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, (681g) about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (7g) plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, (15ml)
- 1 cup red onion, (120g) 1-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, (230g) 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, (454g) cut in half
- 1 ear corn, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped garlic, (20g)
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock, (300ml)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, (26g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus 4 wedges for serving
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Trim excess skin and fat from the chicken thighs.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat, once hot add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add chicken skin side down to the hot oil, cook until skin is golden in color, 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken and cook 2 minutes, transfer to a clean plate.
- Add onion, carrot, potatoes, corn, and garlic to slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, chicken stock, flour, and lemon juice, add to slow cooker.
- Add chicken, thyme, and rosemary to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 2 to 4 hours on high setting or 4 to 6 hours on low setting, until the chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving plates.
- Pour cooking liquid through a strainer if desired, whisk to combine and season as desired.
- Serve sauce and lemon wedges with the chicken dinner.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs