- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 3 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or more to taste
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- chopped fresh parsley for serving if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker except for the tortellini.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred or cube and add back to the slow cooker.
- Add in the tortellini and cook for 15 minutes or until they are cooked all the way through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves and serve immediately with chopped parsley, if desired.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TORTELLINI SOUP