- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cans tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 cup tortilla strips for garnish
- Add all the ingredients except the cilantro and tortilla strips to the slow cooker and mix.
- Cook on low for 6 hours then shred the chicken and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro, tortilla strips or your favorite toppings like sour cream and avocado.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP