- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped; see notes
- 1-2 tsp sea or kosher salt, see notes
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- Place the chicken broth, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, salt, cumin, paprika, and pepper into a food processor. Blend until the garlic and jalapeno are pulverized and the sauce is well incorporated.
- Lay the chicken in a single layer in the crockpot. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours for best results (or high for 4 hours).
- Using two forks, shred the chicken. Add the cilantro to the chicken, and toss again. Serve immediately (see post notes for serving suggestions). Leftovers keep in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- If you’re extremely sensitive to salt, start with one teaspoon. Add up to 2 tsp total to taste.
- For spicier chicken, leave in the jalapeno seeds.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken