- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4-6 chicken thighs
- 3 cups chopped potatoes about 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs for garnish optional
- In a [url:1]large bowl[/url] combine chicken and potatoes. Drizzle with oil and stir to coat. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning over the chicken and potatoes, then toss to coat well.
- Transfer to [url:2]slow cooker[/url] (OR optional step: cook chicken and potatoes in a [url:3]large skillet[/url]/pan over medium high heat for 2-3 minute to brown before transferring to slow cooker to cook all the way through), cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like oregano and thyme (optional) and serve hot.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
SLOW COOKER HERBED CHICKEN & POTATOES