- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet (1 ounce) of your favorite taco seasoning or use homemade
- 10 ounce can of Rotel with lime juice and cilantro (you can use Original Rotel too, or use homemade Rotel – Tomatoes and Green Chilies)
- 4 ounce can mild diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup salsa con queso – use your favorite brand or use homemade
- taco shells, hard or soft
- favorite toppings – lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, onions, jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole, fresh lime, cilantro, hot sauce, queso
- Lightly spray slow-cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in single layer and sprinkle chicken evenly with taco seasoning. In a medium size bowl add Rotel, green chiles and chicken broth and mix well. Pour evenly over chicken.
- Cook on low for *6 to 8 hours, or on high for *4 to 6 hours. Cooking times may vary depending on your slow cooker, adjust accordingly.
- When ready, drain excess liquids leaving just a smidgen behind (I use a soup ladle), then shred chicken using two forks. Last, spoon queso on top and gently mix with chicken, coating chicken evenly. Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortillas (hard or soft shell) and your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
- *Adjust cooking time according to how fast or slow your cooker cooks – for some slow cookers, cooking on high, chicken may be ready in 3-4 hours
- Use the chicken for tacos, burritos, bowls and wraps.
- I purchased a jar of queso and used the leftover as a topping and for tortilla chips.
- You can use original Rotel or Rotel hot – this recipe is super easy to adapt to your taste if you like things spicy/hot.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
SLOW COOKER QUESO CHICKEN TACOS