- 1 and 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon ,to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter ,melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 and 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 and 1/4 cup chocolate chips , your favorite kind
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts , optional but recommended
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together the melted butter and sugars using an electric mixer. Add in the honey, vanilla and egg and continue beating until combined.
- Turn the mixer down to low and beat in the flour mixer until almost combined.
- Add in the oats and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Then turn off the mixer and stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the chopped walnuts.
- Form the dough into balls of about 1/4 cup . Flatten slightly, set on a plate and cover with clingfilm. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and place the cookies at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the tops of the cookies look almost set.
- Remove from the oven and dot the tops of the cookies with the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Allow to cool on the cookie tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies