- 1 Stick butter softened
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons corn starch
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup sprinkles nonpareils
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or a large bowl using hand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and extracts until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix together on low/medium speed for one minute, until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for two hours before baking.
- When dough is done chilling, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the sprinkles into a medium bowl, and roll tablespoon sized balls of dough into the sprinkles.
- Place the cookies onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes. These should not turn golden brown, and will still look wet when they come out of the oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Base Recipe adapted from site
Soft Batch Christmas Sprinkle Cookies